Excellent Quality of Life
Atmosphere of Christian Family Values
Good Value, High Quality Care & Accommodation
Facilities – Woodhall Spa
On the ground floor (from the main entrance) a large lounge overlooks the front and side of the building. Contained in this room is a large flat screen television and a loop system for those who may be hard of hearing. A little further down the main corridor is the large well appointed dining room, at the end of the corridor, overlooking the rear garden, is our sun lounge which has a southerly aspect. The views are to the rear of the gardens, patio area and summer house. We have also incorporated an external canopy which provides shade for when our residents wish to sit on the patio area. Our gardens are very well stocked and well maintained.
Woodhall Spa has two medical practices, the largest of which is within 4 minutes walking distance of the home, and a dental practice which is also close by. We have two Podiatrists that attend six-weekly, a hairdresser that visits fortnightly and a popular mobile library which offers a large range of books. Normal and large print are available and books can also be ordered if not available.
Our aim is to provide comfort, safety and security for our residents, along with helping them to maintain their independence within the framework of Christian community living. We do this by encouraging our residents to take part in the daily life of the Home and, if they so desire, to contribute to the local Churches.
Some of the services and facilities we provide are:
- Large comfortable communal lounge, with TV and loop system for those hard of hearing
- Spacious dining room, which makes mealtimes leisurely, relaxed and informal, a favourite time for a chat
- Roomy conservatory / sun lounge with deep windows, with a southerly aspect and views over the extensive private garden. We have also incorporated an external canopy to provide shade when sitting on the patio
- Mobile library where orders can be placed for anything not already available in normal and large print
- Visiting chiropodist (included in fees)
- Hairdressing room (fortnightly visits by professional hairdresser; hairdressing costs not included in our fees)
- Regular entertainment programme throughout the year, supported by our Pastoral committee
- Residents’ Internet Café, including laptops for residents to use equipment in the privacy of their rooms.
- Wi-Fi access throughout the home to provide residents/family with internet access
- Access to digital communication such as Skype, for voice and video calling
- Telephone with dedicated number included in the fees (we can also transfer your existing home number), includes all calls except premium rate numbers and calls outside of the UK
The Home is situated on level ground with drop off and pick up facilities, ample car parking facilities are also available for visitors and family members.