Excellent Quality of Life
Atmosphere of Christian Family Values
Good Value, High Quality Care & Accommodation
What we do
The Westerleys’ aim is to provide the best care and accommodation for those looking for active Christian residential care in retirement by offering:
- an excellent quality of life;
- a price that represents good value for the high quality of care and accommodation provided;
- an atmosphere of Christian family values with daily prayers and regular celebrations of Holy Communion.
We endeavour to provide the highest quality of care and to do this we give priority to a number of areas relating to the operation of the Home and the services we provide. Examples are:
- providing first class accommodation and sustenance.
- providing a Christian, activity based community.
- improving the physical and mental wellbeing of each and every resident.
- providing a safe and secure physical environment.
- offering our employees an excellent working environment, appropriate training and long-term prospects in the care arena.
Choice of Home
We recognise that every prospective resident should have the opportunity to choose a Home which suits their needs, enthusiasms and abilities. To facilitate that choice and to ensure that our residents know precisely what services we
offer, we will do the following:
- provide detailed information about our Home by publishing a statement of purpose and a detailed service user guide.
- provide each resident with a contract or a statement of terms and conditions specifying the details of the relationship.
- ensure that every prospective resident has their needs expertly assessed before a decision on admission is taken.
- demonstrate to every person about to be admitted to our Home that we are confident we can meet their needs as assessed.
- offer introductory visits to prospective residents and avoid unplanned admissions except in cases of emergency.
Accommodation & Facilities
When you move into one of our care homes you will also have:
- Your own ensuite room (many of our rooms also have showers or wet rooms, please enquire for availability)
- Private telephone with dedicated number included in the fees (we can also transfer your existing home number), which includes all calls excluding premium rate numbers and calls outside of the UK
- Private broadband connection for use with laptop/PC/smart TV
- Free Wi-Fi access throughout our homes
- 24 hour call bell system for assistance
- Acts of daily Worship (Mon-Fri) with a Sunday service once a month
- Door entry system for your security
- Lift access to all floors
- Large communal lounge with computer access for residents use
- Large communal TV access with hearing loop system
- Garden and/or patio area with outside seating
- Hairdressing room with visiting hairdresser (additional fee)
- Six-weekly Chiropodist visits (included in fees)
In addition to excellent care, accommodation and communal facilities, residents of our homes also enjoy a varied programme of social activities. Please enquire at your chosen home for a list.